Do you love music? We all do. Listening to music everyday can help you reduce stress. Listening to your favorite music can add up to your emotional well-being. If you’re having difficulty sleeping, listening to relaxing and calming music will help you fall asleep early.
But as with any other thing, a growing music library has certain drawbacks. If your MP3 files lack correct album covers, it can be a challenging task to find them. Worse, you may end up purchasing the same music multiple times.
What is an Album Cover?
An Album Cover is also known as Album Art. It is an image that represents your MP3 file content. It is embedded inside your file along with other textual information such as album, artist, bit rate, copyright, etc. The advantage of including Album Art is that it adds additional context to the audio file being played. It can also help you re-organize music files in an orderly manner.
Change Album Covers of MP3 Files
Method 1: Automatically Download Album Cover Online
Windows Media Player can automatically retrieve the right album art for you online. You don’t need to download any third-party tool to change album art.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Click on the Library to explore the contents of your media library.
- Double-click on the Music icon.
- Right-click on an MP3 file to change its album art.
- Select the Update album info.
- Windows Media Player will look for corresponding album art online. If it is found, it will be updated online. If not, go with the manual method given below.
Method 2: Manually Change Album Cover
Do you wish to use an image of your choice as the album art? If so, follow these steps:
- Download an album art image from the Internet.
- Open the downloaded image using Microsoft Paint. To do so, right-click on it and select Open with > Microsoft Paint.
- Select the entire image.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Copy. Alternatively, you may use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C.
- Exit the image.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Click on Library > Music.
- Right-click on an MP3 file to change its album art image.
- Select the “Paste album art” option.
Find & Remove Duplicate MP3 Files
Do you have a large music collection? If so, you might have come across several duplicate music tracks. Needless to say, such repetitive tracks can make you lose interest in listening songs, and waste a lot of your time.
Thankfully, it’s easy to find and remove such duplicate MP3 files. A third-party duplicate finder DupInOut Duplicate Finder can come to your aid.
- Download and install DupInOut Duplicate Finder.
- Click on the New Search tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select your Music folder, and click on Open.
- If you’ve other folders too, add them.
- Select the Music Search option.
- Start the scan.
- Once your scan concludes, use the “Mark Duplicates” and “Selection Assistant” buttons to automatically mark/ unmark hundreds of duplicate music matching your criteria.
- Click on Select Action, and choose an action (for example, delete, move or rename your duplicates).
- Fast and accurate scan. Lightweight program with simple and straightforward UI.
- Search for duplicate music using various music tags of your choice (album, artist, bit rate, year, etc.)
- If the music tags information is not embedded into a file, the program will either skip that file, or compare the file’s content. You may change this behavior from the program settings.
- DupInOut Duplicate Finder makes it super easy to review your results. You don’t need to manually check/ uncheck hundreds of files. You can automate it using the “Mark Duplicates” and “Selection Assistant” features by selecting a criteria of your choice.
- In addition to duplicate music search, you can also find duplicate documents, videos, archives. You can also compare two folders for same files, different files, and additional files using the Folder Compare feature.